FIX Trading Community

Remember me

Register  |   Lost password?

General Q/A

Description:

[Please provide a description of the nature of your Discussion Category here. Note that Discussion categories are designed to encapsulated a CATEGORY of Discussion, not individual Discussion Topics or Threads, which should be started in the pre-existing Discussion Group where appropriate.

Rich Media is enabled to allow enhanced formatting and the ability to embed images, video or other media content such as Twitter streams or other Javascript driven web 'widgets'.

If you want to do something that exceeds the capability of the WYSIWYG editor, you can create it in anyHTML editor and place the HTML here (turn the WYSIWYG Editor off first by clicking on "Add/Remove editor" below.]

Brief description: [Summarise the purpose for compact display scenarios, such as lists]

Tags:

FIX Trading Community has started a discussion topic titled PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD - CME Collateral Management Enhancements 16 January 2015 5:29pm
FIX Trading Community   The Global Technical Committee has reviewed and preliminarily approved the CME Collateral Management Enhancements. This FIX Protocol Gap Analysis,... 16 January 2015 5:29pm
FIX Trading Community has started a discussion topic titled PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD - EMEA Business Practices Subcommittee Indicative Execution Extension 16 January 2015 5:21pm
FIX Trading Community   The Global Technical Committee has reviewed and preliminarily approved the Indicative Execution Extension. This gap analysis submitted by the EMEA... 16 January 2015 5:21pm
Limor Alon has started a discussion topic titled Bussiness Message Reject (MsgType=j) 5 January 2015 11:02am
+1 more
Aditya Kapur   Identifiers like Tag 11 can be referenced in Tag 379. 9 March 2015 3:27pm
Etrading Software Ltd   Hello Limor, In general: To reject a NewOrderSingle(35=d) please use ExecutionReport(35=8) [instead of BusinessMessageReject(35=j)] To reject... 9 March 2015 4:08pm
Etrading Software Ltd   Hello Limor, In general: To reject a NewOrderSingle(35=d) please use ExecutionReport(35=8) [instead of BusinessMessageReject(35=j)] To reject... 9 March 2015 4:09pm
FIX Trading Community has started a discussion topic titled PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD - Simple Binary Encoding specification Release Candidate 3 22 December 2014 6:52pm
+3 more
Donald Mendelson   Luke, A composite encoding backs a single FIX field. The classic example is MonthYear data type that consists of parts for year, month, day, and... 30 March 2015 3:13pm
Luke Strobel   Thanks. Understood about the composites, that makes sense. I think a Component element would be useful. They are already conceptualized in FIX... 30 March 2015 10:57pm
Donald Mendelson   Luke, thanks for your proposals. I will raise them with the High Performance Working Group for consideration. Components would be relatively easy... 31 March 2015 3:42pm
Hanno Klein has posted a new comment on this discussion topic | Convention on using derivatives tags on equity flow
Yes, I am not aware of a way to explicitly convey usage of a buy order to cover for a short sell order or position resulting from an execution of that order. You can convey that a short sell order is...
22 December 2014 10:17am
+5 more
Hanno Klein   In the case of tag 203, I do not see this as a mis-use as it can covey coverage for an order regardless of asset class. The comment may simply be too... 9 January 2015 9:49am
Daniel Shek   Hi Hanno, I found this link explaining that the tag 203 is for conveying a 'covered call' as in the case when a short call combined with a long... 14 January 2015 3:54am
Hanno Klein   In reading that post I now believe you have started this thread with a different use case. You want to convey that an order is entered to establish... 14 January 2015 2:03pm
There are no available bookmarks

Bid Price quote and order

Yogev Latin 9 March 2017 3:42pm, Comments (2)discussions          

MIC codes for FX venues

Douglas Woodhurst 14 December 2016 1:29pm, Comments (2)discussions          

There are no available documents/media