Register  |   Lost password?

Asia/Pac

Discussions > Asia/Pac > NZX Order types

NZX Order types

Complete message thread from old site

Anubhaw Sinha
802 days ago,(2012/02/07)

Hi,

Can someone help me to understand the behaviour of different order type and time in forces supported by New Zealand market. You can also share some material regarding the same.

Regards
Anubhaw

Andy Robertson

> Hi,
>
> Can someone help me to understand the behaviour of different order type and time in forces supported by New Zealand market. You can also share some material regarding the same.
>
> Regards
> Anubhaw

We would be happy to help - are ou interested in the equities, electricity or futures markets? Also have you seen the NZX ROE documentation for their fix gateway?

Regards

Andy
Chelmer

Anubhaw Sinha

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your reply.
I am currently targeting only Equities market. Will you be able to share the ROE document. The one which I have mentions about Market/Limit order types are supported. But it doesnt mention about the behaviour at exch.

Regards
Anubhaw

> > Hi,
> >
> > Can someone help me to understand the behaviour of different order type and time in forces supported by New Zealand market. You can also share some material regarding the same.
> >
> > Regards
> > Anubhaw
>
>
> We would be happy to help - are ou interested in the equities, electricity or futures markets? Also have you seen the NZX ROE documentation for their fix gateway?
>
> Regards
>
> Andy
> Chelmer

Andy Robertson

I will dig it out of the library tomorrow, also there is an update due to go into prod in the next couple of months. What specifically are you looking to resolve - from memory the rules are pretty simple around the NZX market and limit type orders. ARe you specially interested in the type ie FOK, FAK etc?
Market order aren't used that extensively for institutional business as the order book tends to be pretty shallow

Andy

Hi Andy,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
> I am currently targeting only Equities market. Will you be able to share the ROE document. The one which I have mentions about Market/Limit order types are supported. But it doesnt mention about the behaviour at exch.
>
> Regards
> Anubhaw
>
>
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Can someone help me to understand the behaviour of different order type and time in forces supported by New Zealand market. You can also share some material regarding the same.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Anubhaw
> >
> >
> > We would be happy to help - are ou interested in the equities, electricity or futures markets? Also have you seen the NZX ROE documentation for their fix gateway?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Andy
> > Chelmer

Anubhaw Sinha

Hi Andy,

Yes, you are right. I wanted to know more from the FOK, FAK,etc and beleive Market order also behaves a bit differently in NZ. It tries to grab everything but if nothing is found it gets rejected i.e. it acts like an IOC orders. Also, will be grateful if you can give me the basic rules so that i can ensure that nothing is missed.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards
Anubhaw
> I will dig it out of the library tomorrow, also there is an update due to go into prod in the next couple of months. What specifically are you looking to resolve - from memory the rules are pretty simple around the NZX market and limit type orders. ARe you specially interested in the type ie FOK, FAK etc?
> Market order aren't used that extensively for institutional business as the order book tends to be pretty shallow
>
> Andy
>
> Hi Andy,
> >
> > Thank you for your reply.
> > I am currently targeting only Equities market. Will you be able to share the ROE document. The one which I have mentions about Market/Limit order types are supported. But it doesnt mention about the behaviour at exch.
> >
> > Regards
> > Anubhaw
> >
> >
> > > > Hi,
> > > >
> > > > Can someone help me to understand the behaviour of different order type and time in forces supported by New Zealand market. You can also share some material regarding the same.
> > > >
> > > > Regards
> > > > Anubhaw
> > >
> > >
> > > We would be happy to help - are ou interested in the equities, electricity or futures markets? Also have you seen the NZX ROE documentation for their fix gateway?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Andy
> > > Chelmer